Suicide Prevention Awareness Month 2020
Virtual Care Package
- Learn more about how to support your pack, stay connected, listen in a virtual format, build resilience, and more!
Thriving Series Launch
Thriving Series is a space for students to find resources, connect with others, and learn more about what it truly means to thrive in a virtual world. This session will focus on a check-in to see how attendees are thriving in the moment.
- September 3 | 6:30 – 7:30 pm | via Zoom | Register here: go.ncsu.edu/thriving
So You Watched _____? Series
A space to connect and process.
- Kingdom of Us – September 7 | 6:30 – 7:30 pm | via Zoom – go.ncsu.edu/soyouwatched
- The documentary, which is streaming on Netflix, examines the effects of a father’s suicide on his family.
- Brain on Fire – September 23 | 6:30 – 7:30 pm | via Zoom – go.ncsu.edu/soyouwatched
- The biographical film, which is streaming on Netflix, is about a New York Post reporter who was diagnosed with a neurological disorder.
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Training
QPR training is a community-based, nationally recognized, and empirically grounded suicide prevention program for students, faculty, and staff. It focuses on getting a distressed student or friend connected with additional support or referred for professional help.
- Undergraduate Student QPR: September 15, September 25 | Register here
- Graduate Student QPR Launch: September 30 | Register here
- Faculty/Staff QPR: September 9 | Register here
- QPR+ Launch – For those who have already completed QPR and are looking to dive deeper.
10th Annual Candlelight Vigil
In observance of World Suicide Prevention Day, the Annual Suicide Prevention Awareness Virgil increases awareness and fosters community surrounding suicide prevention.
- September 10 | 6:30 pm | via Zoom – go.ncsu.edu/vigil
A space for students to connect and engage with peers through expressive arts. This event centers around the concept of creating 1,000 origami cranes as a show of support for our community during challenging times.
- September 16 | 6:30 – 7:30 pm | via Zoom – go.ncsu.edu/origamicranes
Grieving What Was, Accepting What’s Now
Need a space to process what we have lost in 2020? Join us for a discussion about how to grieve the loss of the “old normal.”
- September 17 | 6:30 – 7:30 pm | via Zoom – go.ncsu.edu/griefspace