Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
Every September, mental health organizations and individuals across the U.S. and around the world bring awareness to suicide prevention for Suicide Prevention Awareness Month.
Join us for events and trainings throughout the month of September.
Suicide Prevention Awareness Vigil
In recognition of World Suicide Prevention Day, we will host our 12th annual Suicide Prevention Awareness Vigil to increase awareness and foster community surrounding suicide prevention. We will have speakers to represent communities that have been impacted and an opportunity for students to share their experiences.
- September 7 | 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. | Stafford Commons
Check Your Pack
Earn swag by checking in with your pack.
- September 8 | 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Talley Student Union – Lobby
Fresh Check Day
Fresh Check Day is an uplifting mental health fair that includes interactive booths and exciting giveaways.
- September 29 | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Stafford Commons
Pause for Paws
Take a pause and focus on your wellbeing by enjoying time with therapy dogs.
- September 30 | 12 – 2 p.m. | Harris Field
Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) Training
QPR training is a community-based, nationally recognized, and empirically grounded suicide prevention program for students, faculty, and staff. It focuses on getting a distressed student or friend connected with additional support or referred for professional help.
- Undergraduate Student QPR: September 15 | Register here
- Graduate Student QPR: September 16 | Register here
- Faculty/Staff QPR: September 13 | Register here
- QPR+ | For those who have already completed QPR and are looking to dive deeper.
- QPR+ for Students | September 29 | Register here
- QPR+ for Faculty/Staff | September 9 | Register here