Suicide Prevention Resources
NC State Counseling Center — By Phone: 919.515.2423 – 24 hours
- Offers individual, group, and couples psychotherapy and psychiatry with specialized services for substance abuse, eating disorders and trauma.
- Offers consultation for faculty and staff.
- Offers outreach programming on mental health issues, stigma reduction, and personal and academic success.
University Police CIT Officer Program — By Phone: 919.515.3000
- Provides officers trained in mental health evaluation and intervention to maintain the safety of students, staff, and faculty.
- Offers training to the university community regarding safety.
NC State Violence Prevention and Threat Management, and Risk Assessment Case Manager — By Phone: 919.513.4224 or 919.513.4315
- Offers consultation to staff and faculty regarding students exhibiting concerning/threatening behavior.
- Works collaboratively with campus partners and manages concerns related to students exhibiting threatening or potentially violent behavior.
- Facilitates the NC State Behavioral Assessment Team.
- Offers training to students, faculty, and staff concerning threatening behaviors.
Office of Student Conduct — By Phone: 919.515.2963
- Offers consultation to faculty, staff, and students regarding students of concern.
- They can support a student’s participation in treatment if needed.
Student Behavioral Case Manager — By Phone: 919.515.4405
- Works collaboratively with campus resources to provide support for students who are in crisis or who demonstrate concerning or worrisome behaviors.
- Referrals can be made anonymously using the online form.
NC State Women’s Center — By Phone: 919.515.2012
- Offers workshops and programs on social justice, body image, gender-based violence, and other “hot topics” related to gender equity.
NC State GLBT Center (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender) — By Phone: 919.513.9742
- Offers diversity programming for students, faculty, and staff via Project SAFE.
- Offers support for members of GLBT community and allies, including Google TalkBin text line: 919.648.1793
NC State Student Health Services — By Phone: 919.513.2563
- Offers consultation, treatment, and outreach programming for health-related crises, women’s health concerns, nutrition, and related services.
- The toll-free number for after-hours nurse advice: 877.514.5307.
National Suicide Hotline — 1.800.273.TALK (8255) (24 hours/7 days a week)
Hopeline — 919.231.4525 or 1.877.235.4525 (24/7 confidential local hotline)
Veterans Crisis Line — 1.800.273.8255 – Press 1
- Wake County Mobile Crisis Management — 877.626.1772
- MCM will come to you!
- Wake County Crisis and Assessment, Walk-In Services: 984.974.4830
- Located at 107 Sunnybrook Road, Raleigh NC 27610, across Sunnybrook Road from Wake Med Raleigh.
- Offers in-person evaluation and referral, no appointment needed.
- Their toll-free number to connect with service providers: 800.510.9132.
- Holly Hill Respond Line (adults): 919.250.7000.
- Offers telephone evaluation.
Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence
- InterAct —919.828.8304 (main office)
- Located at 1012 Oberlin Road, Raleigh, NC 27605, between Cameron Village and Wade Avenue.
- 24-hour Domestic Violence Crisis Line — 919.828.7740 or 866.291.0855
- Sexual Assault Line — 919.828.3005 or 866.291.0853
- Offers counseling, community education, shelter services, job-seeking services, and parent training.
- SOLACE Center at InterAct
- Sexual Assault Forensic Examination — 919.557.8025 or 866.291.0854
- Offers safe, respectful evidence-gathering for sexual assault survivors. (Survivors are discouraged from showering or changing clothes.)
- LGBT Center of Raleigh — 919.832.4484
- Located at 324 South Harrington Street, Raleigh.
- Offers programs, events, and support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Triangle residents and their allies.
- Women’s Center of Wake County — 919.829.3711
- Located at 112 Cox Avenue, Raleigh NC 27605, one block from campus.
- Offers crisis intervention, case management, financial assistance, and assistance with basic needs (food, clothing, shelter, phone service) for women in the Triangle.